Chevron B36 - OIRO £225K
This Chevron B36 has been fully restored from the chassis up with no expense spared and is fitted with a fully rebuilt Hart 420R engine. The Gearbox is the Hewland FGA and original to the car and fully restored by JPR Racing. Also fitted with the larger front F5000 callipers as used in the 1000km races of the time make this a very original spec car. This was an extensive rebuild, starting with a fully restored re-riveted and glued tub with new bag tanks, all wishbones stripped and crack tested before re-plating, new upright and bearings(old ones restored for spares), new discs and and caliper seals, gearbox casing re-chromated, re-wired, new wheels for the slicks(old ones used for wets) the list goes on, our intention was to race the car ourselves in the CER Championship so this was not just a quick makeover for re-sale, no corners were cut !!.
The car is for sale complete with extensive paperwork, copies of receipts and photographs, Tank certificates and with the latest 10 year HTP papers as well as the original RAC papers of 1995 following restoration of the car in 1989.
The car originally went to Italy sold through Italian distributor Trivellato, and was then brought back to the UK where the car was fitted with a Cosworth DFV. The car was then owned by Stefano Sebastiani (Stingbrace) who from the early eighties competed in the Thundersport series with co-driver Robin Smith (owner of Chevron at this time).
During 85 & 86 Sebastiani and Smith also competed in group C races and competed in the 1000km races at Brand Hatch and Silverstone.
In 87 Robin Smith bought the car and restored it for export to the USA where the car has been from 1996 to 2012.
The car is now ready to race and comes complete with new slicks and wets, and has been shaken down by Chris Ward.
Please call for an extensive description of the rebuild.
- 1976 Trivellato sold the car to Vito Veninata who raced the car across Europe including the 1977 Targa Florio. Note:- up to 1981 Ranieri Randaccio also raced the car in the Italian championship, including 6h Vallelunga & Monza.
- 81 to 85 Stefano Sebastiani raced in Thundersports sharing the drive with Robin Smith and Raced at most of the British circuits.
- 85 & 86 competed in races in Group C again with Sebastiani and Smith driving. Raced in 1000km Silverstone & 1000km Brands Hatch and the Halfords Birmingham Super Prix of 1986. The car also raced with a fully enclosed body under the name Simpson C2.
- 87 to 95 Robin Smith bought the car and restored it, eventually exporting the car to America.
- 96 to 2005 Richard Morrison of Savannah Georgia bought the car and ran mainly in Brian Redmans Targa 66.
- 2005 to 2007 Andy Hauck III Raced at Sebring, Road Atlanta, Heartland Park.
- 2007 to 2009 Bob Bramlage Raced at Road Atlanta, Road America, Watkins Glen & Sebring.
- 2009 to 2012 Jeff Boston Raced at Sebring & Road America.
Please note that Smith, Randaccio, Sebastiani, Veninata all shared cars together and Smith competed at Lemans in a Red B36 in 1979.